Healthy Aging® Social Wellness
- See the World/Expand Your Mind. After a lifetime of raising children and working, older Americans love to travel -- to see new things and experience new cultures. TIP: Begin to plan a trip. Half the excitement is in the planning!
- Watch Game Shows. Watch Jeopardy! to keep your mind razor sharp.
- Laugh Loud, Laugh Often. A good sense of humor is essential. Start the day off on a light note by reading the comic sections of your local newspaper. If you're over 60, you might refer to this section as "the funnies".
- Give of Yourself. Be generous with the most important thing you own -- your time. Volunteer: how about the Peace Corps, a local nursing home, or teach a youngster to swim.
- Seek Inspiration/Keep the Faith. Belief in a higher power is of paramount importance according to the contest entrants.
- Be a Beauty Queen. An astonishing number of women said they enjoy competing in beauty pageants, such as the Ms. Senior America program. Sign up today!
- If You're a Man, Get Married! Many married men attributed their longevity to the loving care and companionship of their wives. Women, on the other hand, didn't claim their husbands helped them live longer. What are you waiting for?