13 Oct Butternut Squash Chili
Chicken Noodle Soup
Makes 5 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (3-pound) butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1⁄2″ cubes
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
Press the Sauté button on an Instant Pot® and allow to heat until the display reads “Hot.” Add olive oil, onion, bell peppers, carrot, and mushrooms. Sauté 3 minutes until vegetables begin to soften. Press the Cancel button.
Add chili powder, chipotle powder, and cumin. Sauté 30 seconds, then add squash, tomatoes, tomato paste, broth, and black beans. Stir until well combined. Place the lid on the Instant Pot® and click into place to close.
Press the Pressure Cook button and adjust the timer to 4 minutes. When the timer beeps, quick-release the pressure until oat valve drops. Unlock lid. Serve warm.